CYCLING / ROTHAÍOCHT
Slea Head Drive by Bicycle: photo by Michelle Coffey
Cycling the Dingle Peninsula has always been recognised as the ideal way to experience the area's breathtakingly beautiful views while pedalling through a combination of dramatic mountain climbs or flat valleys that stretch for miles.
There are a number of established bicycle rental outlets dotted around the peninsula where bicycles can be hired by the day or for longer periods. You'll be happy you left the car or bus behind as you explore the many ancient archaeological ruins and savour the superb coastal scenery at a leisurely pace.
Corca Dhuibhne Cycle Tours
The Mountain Man Outdoor Shop
00 353 (0)66 9152400
- Rothaí Chorca Dhuibhne is a new tour operator providing individuals, families, and groups with a cycling tour where they will experience the beauty, history, and culture, flora & fauna, everyday life plus many hidden gems of West Kerry.
- Bike Rental: Ladies and Gents Secura Royale Bicycles, helmets and child seats provided if required. We will also provide an informative map of the peninsula, or if people wish they can purchase a more in-depth maps in the shop.
Annascaul Bike Hire
087 218 4757
We have a wide range of bicycles for hire to suit all tastes whether you're interested in exploring the Dingle Peninsula or further afield.
Gormans Rent a Bike
Gorman's Clifftop House & Restaurant
00 353 (0)66 9155162
Start your cycle in the midst of the scenery. Gorman's is situated right on the north western tip of the peninsula. Quiter roads, stunning views. Car parking available. Gallarus Oratory, Kilmalkader, Brandon Creek within 5km radius. e-mail:
The Old Anchor Inn Rent a Bike
00 353 (0)66 9157033
- Travelling around Ireland in a car?
- Walking the Dingle Way?
- Why not take a day a spend it seeing the beautiful Annascaul/ Inch area by bike?
- Annascaul lake, Inch beach, Minard castle are all accessible by bike and a great way to see them.