Celtic Nature Walking Tours
Guided and Self Guided walking tours of the Dingle Peninsula - Celtic Nature Walking Tours
We at Celtic Nature believe that walking and talking are great ways to both experience the beauty of the peninsula and enter into the story of the people into whose footsteps we walk. We have planned a series of guided walks from easy to challenging to suit your timeframe, ability and desire.
- EASY: Join us on an hour and a half stroll through the story of Dingle Town - Past and Present.
- NOT SO HARD: Stretch your legs on a 2-3 hour easy hike by coastal cliffs where we talk ancient Ireland, the myths, history and local story.
- Challenging: Take to the hills. Climb Mount Brandon. Experience the high ground of the Dingle Peninsula.
Wild Atlantic Way Walk – Dingle Peninsula
Explore Europe’s most westerly shores following the cliffs of Dunquin. Enjoy breathtaking views of The Blasket Islands looking out on the Atlantic Ocean and Mount Brandon to the north. Most recently visited by star wars this area is a stronghold of the Irish language and rich in history and folklore from earliest times.
Brandon which takes its name from St. Brendan The Navigator is Ireland’s second highest mountain standing at 952 metres or 3000 feet. Approximately a 5/6 hour return trip, this looming, glorious mountain offers 360 degree spectacular views from the summit of lakes, islands, valleys, other mountains and sheep galore!
Dingle Town Historical Walk
An easy walk around Dingle Town, a perfect pre-dinner or town orientation stroll and takes a little over an hour. The emphasis here is Dingle past and present. We look at 800 years of history and the Dingle of today. The story of the best of times and the worse of times are all written in the streets of Dingle waiting to be explored.
From Fionn MacCumhail to Com Dhíneol
A 4-5 hour moderate walk from Ventry Beach to Slea Head and Dunquin. It is a days hike through the landscape, mythology and history featuring stories of Fionn MacCumhail, The Skelligs, The Vikings, The Normans, The Blasket Islands and more……
- Address: Mullenaglemig, Dingle, County Kerry, Ireland
- Telephone: +353 87 7903950 or +353 87 6247230
- Website: http://celticnature.com/
- Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/Celtic-Nature-235776756610620/
- Distance from Dingle Town: 0km